I made this walnut banana bread recently for my parent’s group at the local open pre-school and it was a hit! I promised to share the recipe so here it is!
Walnut Banana Bread
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled (yellow peels should be brown and the inside should be squishy and browning)
- 1/3 cup (76g) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (150g) of sugar (1/2 cup if you want it less sweet, 1 cup if you want it more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (204g) of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of walnuts or to your liking
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C), butter to a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in baking soda and salt. Stir in sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix in flour. Mix in walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let it cool completely before serving. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Copyright © 2018 MissaLovesYou. All Rights Reserved.